Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Rainy (Windy) City

Bryan and I had a great time in Chicago, despite the cold, rain, the fever Bryan ran on my birthday, and the aching feet, legs, and back!! We will definitely go back again, there is so much to see and do we didn't even scratch the surface.
The Cubs game was rained out in the 6th inning, so we didn't get to hear the famous 7th inning stretch. They also called the game, Cubs won 6-1, but we didn't get to hear the Go Cubs Go song. Unless you count the drunk fans that were singing it!!
One of the only things I wanted to do was take the Double Decker bus tour. Wouldn't you know it, it rained pretty much the whole tour (which was suppose to be 2 hours, but turned out to be almost 4). I didn't get to many chances to take the camera out, so here's one of Bryan taken while we were under a bridge.
Don't let this image or the first one fool you! The ground looks pretty dry at the moment, but soon after it rained !!


My post may sound a little depressing but I can assure you that we didn't let anything ruin our time alone. Whenever Bryan and I go on vacation we have a great time, this one was a smidge better without the kids in tow. I felt extremely guilty during some parts of the trip because I knew the kids would have loved quite a few of the activities we did, maybe next year! I have plenty more images to share of all the non-wet activities when I could get my camera out!

No comments: