Tuesday, June 9, 2009

News from the Neurosurgeon

I searched the web to find an image that is similar to my MRI and this is as close as I could get. The bulge on my vertebrae is a little more severe, the black area being the bulge and the white the spinal cord/nerves, I had a very small amount of white showing.
I had a steroid epidural/nerve root block done about 4 weeks ago and although I have had a huge amount of relief I am still experiences some pain and numbness. I went through 2 weeks of Physical Therapy/traction, with very little real improvement. I have not been back to the pool, but am buying a new swimsuit today so hopefully that will help.
I had a follow up appointment with the neurosurgeon yesterday and the news was not what I wanted to hear. He is giving me the option of having another steroid injection or surgery. I am not wanting to do either one so we decided to give it a few more weeks to see where I stand. Hopefully I will still be standing!

No comments: