Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? ~Psalms 27:1


My husband and I have been wrestling with a few major decisions for ourselves, our family, and our business. We have had our discussions, I have prayed for the knowledge to understand, and somehow I had not been able to find the peace I was looking for. After Bible study this week I had lunch with one of the ladies and what she told me has somehow soothed my mind and allowed me to see what needs to be done.

I told her of my fears of others thinking I was giving up or thinking of me as a failure. About how much stress I was feeling because even though it was not my intention the business was coming before my family. How dealing with some difficult people had ruined my passion for photography.

She told me, before everything else bring this to God. Allow him to be in control. To not allow my pride and worries of what everyone may think rule my decisions, to only look at how God looks at me. I left her house feeling so many emotions, but above all there was a PEACE that everything would be fine.

No comments: