Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Our house in the middle of the street




“It always amazes me to think that every house on every street is full of so many stories; so many triumphs and tragedies, and all we see are yards and driveways.” -Glenn Close


I would love to know all the secrets this house holds. To know the people who lived here and the memories of this house.
I spoke with a man who grew up in this house as a teenager just this weekend at an auction. I asked him a few questions about the house, but he only vaguely remembers. He does remember his step-mom stripping the paint from the staircase, which means that someone in the last 15 years repainted it. He also thought that the trim and mouldings were still here then. I always wondered what made someone think it wise to remove the beautiful trim around all the windows and doors.
We have also been told that our house was once a "nursing home". With elderly women living on the lower level and a family upstairs. I haven't been able to find any record of this.

No comments: