Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stocking the antique store

I moved into my booth at the antique store on 17th and I received a phone call yesterday that I really needed to bring in more items. It seems I sold a ton of things over the weekend! I wasn't quite ready to bring in more items, since I had only been to two auctions (one was a complete bust) and hadn't made it to any of the goodwills. I rushed around yesterday finishing up a few projects and priced enough items to take today.
This old bakers rack is definitely not an antique, but with a little bit of sheet music pulled from an antique hymnal it will look great on display.
This cute little plant stand was from an auction. It got a coat of white spray paint, then dry brushed blue, with a little distressing and wax it looks much better than before. Which reminds me to make sure to take those before shots.
I've seen these all over the web and I finally found a set of croquet mallets so that I could make one. It turned out to be a bigger project than originally thought. We broke off a drill bit and 2 screws before we were finished.
I'll try to take a picture of the booth today when I am out restocking.

No comments: