Saturday, February 26, 2011

Flea Market Finds

Little Buddy and I went to the Flea Market in Lincoln together. He did very good, until we got to the booth with Hotwheels and toys. I told him I would give him $2 to buy a Hotwheels car if he was good and let me finish looking around. I was able to squeeze about 30 more minutes out of him before that money just about burnt a hole in his pocket and he was begging to go back to get his hotwheel.

I found a few treasures. My favorite being this little wooden box.
Inside of the box was all of this old furniture hardware. I was lucky enough to get the box for $20. The cool $2 silver tray came from a goodwill we stopped at after lunch.
This box held almost 40 drawer pulls, over 20 brass plates and key plates, 10 locks/levers, and a few items that I do not recognize.
I was able to pick up these 2 doorknob sets for $8, they are in working order and have matching doorplates. A little bit of cleaning and these babies will be beautiful.
I have a project in mind for these metal tags but haven't been able to find them locally. I almost purchased some for $5 a piece online a couple days ago. I'm so glad I waited since these were only $1 each. The dealer threw the keys in for free!
I'm not sure of the age of these little canisters since they have plastic inserts but for $3 I couldn't pass them up.
While I was taking pictures of my loot Little Buddy asked me to take some of his treasures.

No comments: