Friday, January 14, 2011

Stereo Cabinet/Entertainment Center makeover

I picked up this stereo cabinet at an antique store for $20. It needed some TLC, I added sides to the drawer which once held a record player and added a shelf in the upper portion. The top was sanded down and then stained. The rest was sanded and painted (oops paint), then lightly distressed. I added the burlap to the doors, which allows me to hide the Wii, the cable box and the Xbox and still be able to use the remotes. The Xbox seems to end up sitting on the floor more often than not, I'm not quite sure why.

Before:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful transformation! I recently saw a radio cabinet that was very similar to yours at a thrift store and decided to give it a pass as I was uncertain what to do with it. Perhaps I should go back and see if it is still there. :)

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Such a cute little cabinet! Great job, looks good in your home.