12 years ago today, my daughters and I almost lost our lives to the odorless gas Carbon Monoxide, thankfully the Lord was watching over us. We had an unseasonably warm fall and we had yet to turn on the furnace. My (then) husband lit the furnace and left to do some raccoon hunting. I went about our normal evening routine. Girls and I got ready for bed, and since I felt like I was getting sick I went to bed early. I now know that the symptoms I was having were probably due to the CO, which causes headaches, vertigo, and flu-like effects. On a normal night Jason may have stayed out until way after midnight, but on this night he caught a very large coon and brought it home to show me. When he arrived at home he found our 2nd daughter having a seizure and was not able to wake the rest of us. He carried us out of the house and called 911. Luckily we were recovered in the hospital with oxygen therapy. Please check your CO Detectors and if you do not have one please invest $30, it can save your life.